This article aims to clarify the following:
- Why are some of my images or photos not properly displaying on my Nixplay Signage displays?
- What are the suggested dimensions for the different Nixplay Signage campaign layouts?
- What tools can I use to edit and resize my images to meet these minimum requirements?
For an optimized viewing experience on your displays, we recommend:
- Resizing your photos or images to better match the dimensions of your campaign layout. Please refer to the attached Signage Campaign Layouts PDF file for details of the campaign layout dimensions for both portrait and landscape modes.
- Optimizing the photo or image file sizes to ensure speedy playback
- Ensuring that each photo is saved in either '.jpeg' (or any of its extensions .jpg, .jpe and .jiff) or '.png'. Please note the maximum file size for photo or image is 21MB.
If you have a large number of photos that you’d like to resize simultaneously (or in batches), we recommend using:
- The batch process function in Photoshop
- For PC users, Faststone.org, a free online tool for resizing photos, Microsoft Paint
- For Mac users, iPhoto