You can embed Google Sheets into your Google Slides app on your digital signage campaign. Any updates made to your sheet will be automatically on your campaign.
1. Create a Google Slide that will be uploaded as a campaign in the CMS. This does not need to be publicly shared and can be left as private.
2. Create the Google Sheets that will contain the content you want to embed into your Google Slides. This also does not need to be publicly shared and can be left as private.
3. Highlight the cells from Google Sheets that you want to show in the Google Slides and copy that into your clipboard.
4. Paste the copied cells in the blank sheet from your Google Slide. You will then get a prompt asking if you want to paste as 'Link to spreadsheet' or 'Paste unlinked'. Make sure to choose 'Link to Spreadsheet' option.
It should look like this now on Google Slides:
5. Once you're done linking all your content from Google Sheets to your Google Slides, select 'Publish to Web' under 'File' from your Google Slides to get the URL link to be used for your Google Slides app on your Nixplay Signage web account.
You can then get the URL needed to get your Google Slides into your digital signage campaign.
6. Log-in to your Nixplay Signage web account, then click on the 'Content' tab, then the 'Apps' tab, click on the 'Create App' button, and select 'Google Slides'.
Then Name your Google slides app and paste your Google Slide URL to the 'Presentation URL' field. You can adjust the duration time for your presentation slides based on your preference. For more details refer to How Do I Create a Google Slides App?
7. Your campaign should be running on your display. If you need to update your Google Sheets:
- Make the necessary updates on your Google Sheets
- Then, update your Google Slides by clicking on 'Update' on the embedded Google Sheet
- Your campaign should also automatically update once you update your Google Slide. Note: the campaign will update to the latest content based on your campaign's schedule.
Article is closed for comments.